Removing the Confusion About Payday Loan Application Requirements
When you’re experiencing difficult financial times or an unexpected expense, a payday loan can be a convenient short-term financial solution to your problems. A payday loan gives you quick access to the funds you need for those situations where you just cannot wait until your next pay date. These types of situations happen to all of us, and range from things like an emergency medical visit to an unexpected car repair. When you don’t have the money you need, and your friends and family aren’t in a position to help you, a payday loan can be real lifesaver.
In most cases, getting a payday loan is an easy and convenient process. You can obtain one without the hassle of putting down a deposit, collateral, up-front fees, or even running a credit check. In addition, you can fill out the application online from your home computer.
Here are the most common payday loan application requirements and qualifying criteria for payday lenders:
1. You must be a U.S. citizen. The majority of U.S. based lenders are only licensed to offer their services to U.S. citizens. Some lenders may have authorization to loan to residents outside of the U.S. but it is important that you verify this before proceeding under that assumption.
2. You must be of legal age. Payday loans are governed by contractual agreements that can only be entered into between adults, so you must be at least 18 years of age. Though this sometimes varies among the different states, most minors are not eligible for this type of loan.
3. You must have a regular, reliable source of income. For most people, this means that you must be actively employed on a job for the minimum amount of time. This means you cannot be on the probationary period with a new employer and you cannot be a temporary status employee (i.e. a “temp”). Some lenders will allow you to qualify for a loan if you are receiving pension or retirement benefits. However, in most cases, government aid, such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and unemployment benefits, will disqualify you.
4. You must have a valid checking account. Most payday lenders will not approve your payday loan application if you have a savings account or prepaid debit card account. In addition, you will almost always be required to have your checking account open and active for at least 30-days. A valid, verifiable checking account is needed for electronic transfer of your loan money and the repayment of your loan balance on your due date.
5. You must provide any supporting documents that are requested to supplement your payday loan application. In most cases, you will be asked to provide your last months bank statement or a 30-day printout of all your checking account transactions. Some lenders may ask for your most recent pay stub instead of or in addition to your bank statement. These items are generally required to verify your monthly net income amount so that the appropriate loan amount can be determined.
6. Most online lenders also require that you have payroll direct deposit. This means that your paychecks are electronically deposited into your checking account easy payday loans online quick application on your pay dates instead of you having to physically deposit a check. Because online lenders process their payments electronically, this makes the repayment process easy and convenient.
7. Your payday loan application information must be verifiable. Most lenders have an online system that will allow them to confirm the validity of your application information and your identity in real-time. However, they may have certain procedures that require additional manual checks as well, such as verification that you are actively employed on the date of your application.
Getting a payday loan is generally fast, easy, and convenient. To ensure that you don’t encounter any problems with the payday loan process, you should choose a reliable lender and only borrow the amount that you need and are capable of paying back. Despite the ease of securing these types of loans, it’s important to remember that they are short-term financing solutions for urgent money issues. They are not intended to be used for long-term or more serious financial problems and should be used responsibly. Most payday lenders will require that you repay your loan on your next pay date, which means you will need to plan for that by either cutting back on your spending for a couple of weeks or accounting for a little less money in your bank account come your pay date. Either way, prompt repayment and planning is the best way to avoid getting into trouble with payday loans.